Today is National Do Something Nice Day! It’s the perfect time to consider the infinite ways in which you can be nice and make someone else’s day. Whether it be your colleague, friend, partner, sibling, parent, or even a stranger, surprising someone with a random act of kindness never goes unappreciated.
As we all know, a little kindness goes a long way, so why not bring out the best in yourself and others by being extra gracious today?
Here are 10 simple ways you can bring a smile to someone’s face on National Do Something Nice Day:
1. Cook your partner their favorite foodThe way to your loved ones heart is through their stomach! Whip up their favorite dish for a delicious way to say you care.
2. Ship a care package to a faraway friendWho doesn't love getting a package? Throw in some of their favorite things, a handwritten note, and send it off!
3. Send a ‘good morning’ text to someone you haven’t talked to in a whileIn the age of technology, it's never been easier to connect with people we care about. Take an extra minute this morning to send out a few good morning texts to brighten your loved ones' day.
4. Leave your co-worker a surprise noteWe spend a ton of time with the people who we work with, and don't always remember to tell them how much we appreciate them. Grab a post-it, write a quick note, and leave it for happy surprise.
5. Give a stranger a genuine complimentIt could make their day! Start getting into the practice of passing out one good compliment per day.
6. Tell someone important to you why you appreciate them in your lifeA simple message goes a long way. Think about the people in your life that you really appreciate, and let them know why.
7. Write a letter to a family memberTechnology makes it easier for us to stay connected, but a handwritten note is still a great way to let someone know that you care.
8. Call your grandparents or an elderly relativeNothing is better than a conversation with Grandma. Call her up and tell her three great things about your life.
9. Buy coffee for the person behind you in lineThis is an easy way to do something nice and could start a chain reaction!
10. Smile at everyone you come into contact with todayThe best gift is showing off those pearly whites! Your smile could brighten someones day.
We challenge you to go out of your way to be nice today (and every day)! Once you’ve completed your good deeds, now it’s time for a little bit of relaxation. Check out our blog for the top 10 Ways to Feel Accomplished Today (While You're Really Just Relaxing).